2019 Halloween Costume Contest (the “Contest”)
1. The Contest will take place on Thursday October 31, 2019 at LIGHT Nightclub (“Sponsor”) located in the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, NV. To enter and participate, contestants must do the following:
Register at the entrance of Light Nightclub no later than 1:00am on Halloween night. Doors open at 10:30 p.m. You must register/sign up at the table near the Club entrance at the top of the entry staircase in order to participate and be eligible to win a prize. There are three (3) categories:
Most Original Costume
Best Group Costume (minimum of 2 people or more)
A preselected judge(s) will be reviewing all of the costumes throughout the night. The judge will select three (3) contestants to compete for the Grand Prize in each category.
The winner(s) will be chosen based upon crowd response during the final judging.
Three contestants will win prizes; one for each category (described below). The judges’ determination of the winner(s), based on crowd response and costume, is final
The Prizes— The winner of each category will receive a cash prize. The cash prize(s) will be: Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3500) for each category (NOTE: The group costume winner will have to split the prize money among themselves). Each Prize is non-transferable; proper identification is required to enter, compete and redeem the Prizes. The Prizes will be awarded subject to verification of eligibility and as long as all qualifications are met. (See below and paragraph 5 for qualifications).
2. COSTUME RESTRICTIONS — Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
Simulated weapons (knives, swords, guns, handcuffs)
Nudity; including pasties and/or body paint
Roller skates/blades, skateboards
Certain sports equipment (hockey sticks, baseball bats, tennis rackets)
Large bags, briefcases
Costumes which may be racially, culturally or politically offensive
Costumes overtly sexual in nature
Costumes realistically imitating Law Enforcement Officers or EMS personnel
In addition to the above-listed restrictions, costumes of extreme height and/or width may be denied access or limited to certain areas of the Venue/property.
3. The Winners will be selected by the judge, and crowd response as determined by Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest, on or about October 31, 2019. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equivalent kind and value. CL, LLC, Clique Hospitality, LLC, The Mandalay Bay Corp. and MGM Resorts International, Inc. and each of their respective affiliates, agents and agencies assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the Prize(s). Winner(s) acknowledge and agree that there are certain risks inherent in travel and knowingly accept such risk(s). Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor compromise the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
4. The Prize Winner will be notified in person or if necessary, via social media, on the phone and/or by email. Prizes are non-transferable. All Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner(s). By entering, participants expressly agree to opt-in and receive additional information from Sponsor and its affiliates. Winner agrees to allow the use of his/her name and likeness for publicity and advertising without additional compensation or review, except where prohibited by law. The winner may be required to fill out and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, a W-4 form, or other documentation as a condition of redeeming the Prize. All information collected is done by “Sponsor,” whose privacy policies applicable thereto. The Sponsor and/or agency, if any, assume no liability for any technical failures that may affect your ability to enter or for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
5. This contest is open to U.S. citizens who reside in the continental United States and who are age 21 OR OLDER as of October 30, 2019. Employees (and their families) of CL, LLC, Clique Hospitality, LLC, The Mandalay Bay Corp., and MGM Resorts International, Inc. and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of their advertising, production, promotion, and fulfillment agencies ARE NOT ELIGIBLE to enter or win the Contest. Proof of age will be required. All submitted information will be verified for accuracy.
No purchase is necessary, void where prohibited. Participants must be present at the Venue to participate. All Federal, state and local laws, regulations and restrictions, if any, apply.
For a copy of these rules or for the winner(s) list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “2019 Light Nightclub Halloween Costume Contest,” 6445 S. Tenaya, Suite 150, Las Vegas, NV 89113.